Kanopy is a streaming movie service. It's very similar to Netflix but the content is curated for an academic environment. Kanopy has thousands of "critically-acclaimed movies, inspiring documentaries, award-winning foreign films and more." It also has films from The Criterion Collection.
You can access Kanopy from home or anywhere you have Internet access. By logging into MySJRState and following the steps below, you can watch Kanopy on any computer.
You can also choose to make an account in Kanopy. Making a personal account in Kanopy allows you to:
Please note: Chrome works best for accessing the Library databases via MySJRstate.
TO ACCESS KANOPY FROM HOME:
1. Visit the SJR State homepage and click MySJRstate.
2. Login to MySJRstate.
3. Click on the "Library" link in the green bar to go to the Library tab in the portal. You'll see this page:
4. Click the Library Databases link.
5. The database page will open. Scroll down to Streaming Media and click it. A list of choices will appear. Click Kanopy Streaming.
6. The Kanopy homepage will open. You can begin watching movies on your computer right now!
If you want to add Kanopy to your TV's streaming services, use the Kanopy app, make watchlists, or create film clips, proceed to the next step to sign up for your personal account.
7. Click the Sign Up link at the top right corner of the page and create an account. You can sign up with any email address you want.
8. Once you have completed the process of signing up for an account, you will need to add Kanopy to your TV's streaming device or download the app. If you need help, visit the Kanopy Help site or contact one of your librarians. You can also login to Kanopy directly with your personal account at https://sjrstate.kanopy.com/ Again, these access methods will only work AFTER you have registered for a personal account using the steps above.